Why Nordic Body Kinetics?
A precise exercise method of mindful movement, stretching, core strengthening & breathing that builds deep body awareness & function.
Are you looking for a new way to look after your mind and body?
This practice focuses on developing a deep sense of body awareness, joint stability and flexibility so that you are able to listen to and respond to your body’s needs.
Shirley has a deep understanding of the body and its potential. Her background in engineering and business together with her love of movement, in depth bodywork training gives her a unique perspective and has resulted in the development of Nordic Body Kinetics.
Find out more about where we’re located, our studio and facilities.
How does Nordic Body Kinetics work?
Our unique approach supports YOU in
- building deep body awareness
- building deep core strength
- working on joint stability
- encouraging you to visualise, focus, feel and recognise the position, orientation and movement of your body
- sense and respond to your body’s feedback
How it differs from Yoga and Pilates?
Nordic Body Kinetics incorporates elements of all the movement systems its founder Shirley Ruetimann has explored, including yoga and pilates. It aims to mindfully and systematically work on the skills and abilities that enable you to move well and freely.
- Nordic Body Kinetics focuses on your body as a functional whole
- It is very precise, yet holistic, working on an interactive level enabling you to know how to listen to your body
- It is the foundation that can help you achieve the full benefit from your favourite sport
An excellent way to enjoy time outdoors whilst improving your fitness and function. This class is suitable for all levels of fitness & recommended for recreational walkers, hikers and runners.
What can you expect?
- Improved tone of the upper and lower body
- Improved posture and alignment
- Improved range of motion in arms, shoulders and hips
- Enhanced endurance and aerobic fitness
- Improved walking technique, which reduces pressure on knees and joints
Who is it Suitable For?
- All ages and levels of fitness especially recommended for those who need to strengthen or rehabilitate their neck, shoulders and back
- Those wishing to learn how to move with ease, grace and fluidity
- Anyone wishing to improve their performance in sport or training
How does it Work?
This is a one to one walking class with or without poles.